Students Compete in Mock Trial
St. John Fisher College’s Mock Trial Team competed in the American Mock Trial Association Regional Tournament on February 23-24 at Buffalo State College.
Students Katherine Lennon, Jennifer Coleman, Bridget Alberts, Robert Connor, Michael Cunliffe, Travis Butchello, and Michael Montemalo competed on this year’s team. Three Fisher alums, John and Tony Laduca and David Pilato of Laduca Law Firm, served as the team coaches. Jane Snyder, adjunct faculty member, also coached and advised the team. The team was also aided by numerous Justinian Alumni of the College.
The students competed against Penn State in the first round, and then went on to meet another large competitor, Michigan State University. According to Snyder, Fisher lost to Michigan by less than ten points from both judges, demonstrating how strong the team has become.
Snyder also said that this was only Fisher’s third year competing in the regional tournament against schools that have competed since the beginning of the organization’s existence.
“The fact that Fisher came so close to beating these older, more experienced, and highly ranked teams is proof that the Mock Trial Program here is growing rapidly,” she said. “It’ll be hard to predict anything other than Fisher going on for a title next year and moving onto the national tournament.”
Prior to the regional tournament, the team also competed in tournaments at University at Buffalo and University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest