Students Compete in Mock Trial
St. John Fisher College’s Mock Trial Team competed in the American Mock Trial Association Regional Tournament on February 23-24 at Buffalo State College.
Students Katherine Lennon, Jennifer Coleman, Bridget Alberts, Robert Connor, Michael Cunliffe, Travis Butchello, and Michael Montemalo competed on this year’s team. Three Fisher alums, John and Tony Laduca and David Pilato of Laduca Law Firm, served as the team coaches. Jane Snyder, adjunct faculty member, also coached and advised the team. The team was also aided by numerous Justinian Alumni of the College.
The students competed against Penn State in the first round, and then went on to meet another large competitor, Michigan State University. According to Snyder, Fisher lost to Michigan by less than ten points from both judges, demonstrating how strong the team has become.
Snyder also said that this was only Fisher’s third year competing in the regional tournament against schools that have competed since the beginning of the organization’s existence.
“The fact that Fisher came so close to beating these older, more experienced, and highly ranked teams is proof that the Mock Trial Program here is growing rapidly,” she said. “It’ll be hard to predict anything other than Fisher going on for a title next year and moving onto the national tournament.”
Prior to the regional tournament, the team also competed in tournaments at University at Buffalo and University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students