Students Compete in Mock Trial
St. John Fisher College’s Mock Trial Team competed in the American Mock Trial Association Regional Tournament on February 23-24 at Buffalo State College.
Students Katherine Lennon, Jennifer Coleman, Bridget Alberts, Robert Connor, Michael Cunliffe, Travis Butchello, and Michael Montemalo competed on this year’s team. Three Fisher alums, John and Tony Laduca and David Pilato of Laduca Law Firm, served as the team coaches. Jane Snyder, adjunct faculty member, also coached and advised the team. The team was also aided by numerous Justinian Alumni of the College.
The students competed against Penn State in the first round, and then went on to meet another large competitor, Michigan State University. According to Snyder, Fisher lost to Michigan by less than ten points from both judges, demonstrating how strong the team has become.
Snyder also said that this was only Fisher’s third year competing in the regional tournament against schools that have competed since the beginning of the organization’s existence.
“The fact that Fisher came so close to beating these older, more experienced, and highly ranked teams is proof that the Mock Trial Program here is growing rapidly,” she said. “It’ll be hard to predict anything other than Fisher going on for a title next year and moving onto the national tournament.”
Prior to the regional tournament, the team also competed in tournaments at University at Buffalo and University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum