Human Resources Management Degree Program Meets SHRM Requirements; Renews with Society for Two Years
The St. John Fisher College Human Resources Management (HRM) degree program has once again met the requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) curriculum guidelines, earning the program the Society’s endorsement for another two years.
SHRM looks for programs with a curriculum that aligns with the recommended requirements for HR degree programs as outlined in the SHRM HR Curriculum Guidebook, established by the society in 2005.
“This endorsement provides evidence that Fisher’s HR requirements once again align with the everyday professional needs of the HR practitioner,” said Dr. Bob Costigan, Professor of Management and one of the lead faculty in the HRM program. “Not only is the Fisher business school accredited by AACSB but our HRM courses, in particular, continue to meet the curricular standards of the best HR professional organization. This is something we should all be very proud of.”
SHRM is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International