Biology Department Announces Campus Chapter of Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
The St. John Fisher College Biology Department has announced a newly formed campus chapter of the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society. The chapter, Upsilon Rho, was officially installed on Monday, April 1, by Dr. Steven Ropski, National TriBeta Advisory from Gannon University.
The inaugural class is made up of 45 biology students, and many of the department’s faculty and staff were also honored as graduate members. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, will serve as the chapter’s faculty advisor.
“We are looking forward to having TriBeta become an active group on campus that will promote and recognize undergraduate research and student success,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Biology seniors inducted into the chapter.
TriBeta inaugural class.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference