Biology Department Announces Campus Chapter of Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
The St. John Fisher College Biology Department has announced a newly formed campus chapter of the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society. The chapter, Upsilon Rho, was officially installed on Monday, April 1, by Dr. Steven Ropski, National TriBeta Advisory from Gannon University.
The inaugural class is made up of 45 biology students, and many of the department’s faculty and staff were also honored as graduate members. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, will serve as the chapter’s faculty advisor.
“We are looking forward to having TriBeta become an active group on campus that will promote and recognize undergraduate research and student success,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Biology seniors inducted into the chapter.
TriBeta inaugural class.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program