Biology Department Announces Campus Chapter of Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
The St. John Fisher College Biology Department has announced a newly formed campus chapter of the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society. The chapter, Upsilon Rho, was officially installed on Monday, April 1, by Dr. Steven Ropski, National TriBeta Advisory from Gannon University.
The inaugural class is made up of 45 biology students, and many of the department’s faculty and staff were also honored as graduate members. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, Assistant Professor, will serve as the chapter’s faculty advisor.
“We are looking forward to having TriBeta become an active group on campus that will promote and recognize undergraduate research and student success,” said Dr. Kristin Picardo, Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Biology seniors inducted into the chapter.
TriBeta inaugural class.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems