Irish Studies Program to Host Annual Lecture; Reflect on Dublin Lockout
The St. John Fisher College Irish Studies Program and the Rochester chapter of the Irish-American Cultural Institute (IACI) will co-sponsor the annual Bob Kelly Memorial on Thursday, October 24, to mark the centennial of an event known as the Dublin Lockout. The event takes place at 7:00 p.m. in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel.
This little-known (but significant) event in Irish history will be explored with a historical talk by Dr. John O’Sullivan. Musical selections by the Irish musical duo, Barry’s Crossing, will represent the lockout and other historical events. The Kelly Memorial Lecture is presented in memory of a co-founder of the local chapter.
This event is part of an ongoing series co-sponsored by Fisher’s Irish Studies Program and the IACI, a national organization devoted to promoting an intelligent appreciation of Ireland and the role and contributions of the Irish in America.
IACI members and Fisher students, faculty, and staff may attend the event for free, and general public admission is $10.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization