Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
Drs. Jim Wood and Jeff Liles, Associate Professors from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently worked with students and teachers from East High School, Nazareth College faculty, and education graduate students on a documentary film that premiered at the American Educators and Research Association Conference in San Francisco.
The 50-minute documentary, “College Ready,” compared the differences between students in the city and suburbs when it comes to college readiness. A group of seven students worked on the film over a two-year period, gathering research and statistics. Their research results will be shared with the community in an effort to improve college readiness among students in the Rochester City School District.
The group was one of 13,000 applicants to the conference, and was one of 100 chosen to present. They were the only group of high school students who presented an original film. The trip was paid for by grants and donations raised by the students.
“College Ready” debuted in Rochester on May 6 at the University of Rochester.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine