Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
Drs. Jim Wood and Jeff Liles, Associate Professors from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently worked with students and teachers from East High School, Nazareth College faculty, and education graduate students on a documentary film that premiered at the American Educators and Research Association Conference in San Francisco.
The 50-minute documentary, “College Ready,” compared the differences between students in the city and suburbs when it comes to college readiness. A group of seven students worked on the film over a two-year period, gathering research and statistics. Their research results will be shared with the community in an effort to improve college readiness among students in the Rochester City School District.
The group was one of 13,000 applicants to the conference, and was one of 100 chosen to present. They were the only group of high school students who presented an original film. The trip was paid for by grants and donations raised by the students.
“College Ready” debuted in Rochester on May 6 at the University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum