Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
Drs. Jim Wood and Jeff Liles, Associate Professors from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently worked with students and teachers from East High School, Nazareth College faculty, and education graduate students on a documentary film that premiered at the American Educators and Research Association Conference in San Francisco.
The 50-minute documentary, “College Ready,” compared the differences between students in the city and suburbs when it comes to college readiness. A group of seven students worked on the film over a two-year period, gathering research and statistics. Their research results will be shared with the community in an effort to improve college readiness among students in the Rochester City School District.
The group was one of 13,000 applicants to the conference, and was one of 100 chosen to present. They were the only group of high school students who presented an original film. The trip was paid for by grants and donations raised by the students.
“College Ready” debuted in Rochester on May 6 at the University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication