Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
Drs. Jim Wood and Jeff Liles, Associate Professors from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently worked with students and teachers from East High School, Nazareth College faculty, and education graduate students on a documentary film that premiered at the American Educators and Research Association Conference in San Francisco.
The 50-minute documentary, “College Ready,” compared the differences between students in the city and suburbs when it comes to college readiness. A group of seven students worked on the film over a two-year period, gathering research and statistics. Their research results will be shared with the community in an effort to improve college readiness among students in the Rochester City School District.
The group was one of 13,000 applicants to the conference, and was one of 100 chosen to present. They were the only group of high school students who presented an original film. The trip was paid for by grants and donations raised by the students.
“College Ready” debuted in Rochester on May 6 at the University of Rochester.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner