Education Students Present at Master’s Level Graduate Research Conference
A total of 17 education graduate students recently participated as a panelist or poster presenter at the second annual Master’s Level Graduate Research Conference at the College at Brockport on Saturday, April 20.
The conference affords students an opportunity to hone their presentation techniques, share research and creative work with peers and faculty, and learn about scholarly work done by others across the disciplines. More than 350 graduate students and faculty chairs from over 30 colleges and universities participated. Dr. Katrina Arndt served as a panel moderator, and Dr. Susan Schultz also attended.
“Science Literacy: Reading Strategies Among Secondary Readers” – presented by Jennifer Yu
“Development of Proportional Reasoning Through the Study of Speed, an Intensive Quantity” – presented by Beth Angus
“Science Education: Bridging the Gap Between High School and College” – presented by Derick Wigle
“Ongoing, Cumulative Mathematics Assessment” – presented by Matthew Marion
“Creating a Sensory Responsive Classroom” – presented by Rachel Hildreth
“Inquiry in the Classroom” – presented by JoAnn Marie Bertolino
“The Importance of a Positive Teacher-Student Relationship and its Impact on Student” – presented by William Hochadel
“A Current Study and Comparison of Realism and Romanticism in Europe” – presented by Shreya Thakar
"The Disproportionality of African Americans in Special Education" - presented by Michelle Lott-Daley
“Theatre Therapy and Autism” – presented by Courtney Wheater
“Overrepresentation of Minorities in Special Education” – presented by Kelly Kreskow
“Effective Classroom Management in Student-Centered Classrooms” – presented by Deena VanHousen
“The Impact of Problem-Based Learning on At-Risk Learners’ Attitude Toward Science” – presented by William Simons
“RTI in Urban Schools” – presented by Mark Smith
“Qualities of Effective Transition Leaders in a Changing School Landscape” – presented by Eric Christensen
“Necessity of Classroom Community for the Academic Success of Students in an Alternative Education Program” – presented by Courtney Gates
“Academic Intervention Services” – presented by David Rodgers
Courtney Gates with her poster.
Kelly Kreskow presents her research.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes