Honors Program to Celebrate United Nations Day October 24
The St. John Fisher College Honors Program and the United Nations (UN) Chapter of Rochester will host Ambassador Ashok Kumar Mukerji, Permanent Representative to the UN, in commemoration of United Nations Day on Wednesday, October 24. Ambassador Mukerji will present, “Back to Business: World Trade and the Developing World,” in Basil 135 at 7:00 p.m.
Ambassador Mukerji is responsible for India’s multilateral diplomacy at the UN. He has specialized in India’s strategic/security policy, and led India’s cyber dialogs with the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Japan, and Russia. In addition, he is the author of several articles on trade policy and the World Trade Organization, and many books about the postal history of Dubai, Mahatma Gandhi in London, and the first Indian soldiers in Europe during World War I.
United Nations Day, which was first declared in 1947 by the United Nations General Assembly, is devoted to increasing awareness about the UN’s aims and achievements. In 1971, the General Assembly recommended that member states observe it as a public holiday. It is a day that is celebrated as part of United Nations Week, which runs October 20-26.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference