Honors Program to Celebrate United Nations Day October 24
The St. John Fisher College Honors Program and the United Nations (UN) Chapter of Rochester will host Ambassador Ashok Kumar Mukerji, Permanent Representative to the UN, in commemoration of United Nations Day on Wednesday, October 24. Ambassador Mukerji will present, “Back to Business: World Trade and the Developing World,” in Basil 135 at 7:00 p.m.
Ambassador Mukerji is responsible for India’s multilateral diplomacy at the UN. He has specialized in India’s strategic/security policy, and led India’s cyber dialogs with the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Japan, and Russia. In addition, he is the author of several articles on trade policy and the World Trade Organization, and many books about the postal history of Dubai, Mahatma Gandhi in London, and the first Indian soldiers in Europe during World War I.
United Nations Day, which was first declared in 1947 by the United Nations General Assembly, is devoted to increasing awareness about the UN’s aims and achievements. In 1971, the General Assembly recommended that member states observe it as a public holiday. It is a day that is celebrated as part of United Nations Week, which runs October 20-26.
Latest College News Stories
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference