Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
The 17th Annual Nursing Research and Leadership Conference was held at Rochester General Hospital on April 10 and students and faculty from the Wegmans School of Nursing presented posters.
The conference was hosted by the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Epsilon Xi Chapter, and featured keynote speaker Madeline Schmidt who addressed Interdisciplinary Health Care Models.
Senior nursing students Jeffrey Fahmer and Kaitlyn Mannix took first place in the peer-judged poster category where they presented on the use of alcohol impregnated port protectors in hospitalized patients.
Hannah Della Costa, Amanda Carpenter, Kari Forstrom, and Elizabeth LaFrance’s presented their research about manuka honey and whether or not it improves wound healing in venous leg ulcers.
Alexa Paradise, Carly Cellura, and Maryana Zakharchishin focused on factors predicting first time NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) pass rates.
Chelsea Reff, Andrea Szartkowski, and Stephany Tedrow’s poster was titled, “Hypnobirthing: Taking the World by Calm.”
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Associate Professor, also presented at the conference.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference