Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
The 17th Annual Nursing Research and Leadership Conference was held at Rochester General Hospital on April 10 and students and faculty from the Wegmans School of Nursing presented posters.
The conference was hosted by the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Epsilon Xi Chapter, and featured keynote speaker Madeline Schmidt who addressed Interdisciplinary Health Care Models.
Senior nursing students Jeffrey Fahmer and Kaitlyn Mannix took first place in the peer-judged poster category where they presented on the use of alcohol impregnated port protectors in hospitalized patients.
Hannah Della Costa, Amanda Carpenter, Kari Forstrom, and Elizabeth LaFrance’s presented their research about manuka honey and whether or not it improves wound healing in venous leg ulcers.
Alexa Paradise, Carly Cellura, and Maryana Zakharchishin focused on factors predicting first time NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) pass rates.
Chelsea Reff, Andrea Szartkowski, and Stephany Tedrow’s poster was titled, “Hypnobirthing: Taking the World by Calm.”
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Associate Professor, also presented at the conference.
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank
- Nursing Students, Faculty Participate in Out of the Darkness Walk