Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
The 17th Annual Nursing Research and Leadership Conference was held at Rochester General Hospital on April 10 and students and faculty from the Wegmans School of Nursing presented posters.
The conference was hosted by the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Epsilon Xi Chapter, and featured keynote speaker Madeline Schmidt who addressed Interdisciplinary Health Care Models.
Senior nursing students Jeffrey Fahmer and Kaitlyn Mannix took first place in the peer-judged poster category where they presented on the use of alcohol impregnated port protectors in hospitalized patients.
Hannah Della Costa, Amanda Carpenter, Kari Forstrom, and Elizabeth LaFrance’s presented their research about manuka honey and whether or not it improves wound healing in venous leg ulcers.
Alexa Paradise, Carly Cellura, and Maryana Zakharchishin focused on factors predicting first time NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) pass rates.
Chelsea Reff, Andrea Szartkowski, and Stephany Tedrow’s poster was titled, “Hypnobirthing: Taking the World by Calm.”
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Associate Professor, also presented at the conference.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Case Competition Brings Sports, Statistics Together
- Campus to Hold “Four Freedoms Week”
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Social Media Conference Features Fisher Professor
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend