Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
The 17th Annual Nursing Research and Leadership Conference was held at Rochester General Hospital on April 10 and students and faculty from the Wegmans School of Nursing presented posters.
The conference was hosted by the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Epsilon Xi Chapter, and featured keynote speaker Madeline Schmidt who addressed Interdisciplinary Health Care Models.
Senior nursing students Jeffrey Fahmer and Kaitlyn Mannix took first place in the peer-judged poster category where they presented on the use of alcohol impregnated port protectors in hospitalized patients.
Hannah Della Costa, Amanda Carpenter, Kari Forstrom, and Elizabeth LaFrance’s presented their research about manuka honey and whether or not it improves wound healing in venous leg ulcers.
Alexa Paradise, Carly Cellura, and Maryana Zakharchishin focused on factors predicting first time NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) pass rates.
Chelsea Reff, Andrea Szartkowski, and Stephany Tedrow’s poster was titled, “Hypnobirthing: Taking the World by Calm.”
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Associate Professor, also presented at the conference.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Sport Management Program Receives National Accreditation
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Healthy Living Sustainability Fair Set for Oct. 6
- It’s Never Too Early for a Fisher Education
- Best Bets for Alumni Weekend 2016
- Accounting Club Hosts 35th Annual Golf Tournament
- Fisher Storms Back to Win Courage Bowl XII