Lunch with Lori
On Tuesday, May 15, 2012, approximately one hundred and seventy members of the Fisher community joined together in support of Lackmann colleague, Lori Morelle, who has been courageously battling Stage 3 ovarian cancer for two years.
A gourmet buffet, decadent desserts, raffle prizes, and lots of camaraderie filled the dining hall during the lunch hour. Attendees were also treated to birthday cake in honor of Lori’s 51st birthday.
Surrounded by family and friends, Lori greeted everyone with her trademark smile and a kind word—she even had her photo taken with all of her Lackmann co-workers. Andrea Maccarone, Lackmann’s General Manager, reported that just over $2,500 was raised to help Lori with medical and personal expenses.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems