Human Resource Management Features Article Co-Authored by Dr. Sashittal
Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor of Management/Marketing, co-authored an article with Dr. Avan R. Jassawalla, SUNY Geneseo, that appears in the September-October issue of Human Resource Management.
In the article, "Thinking Strategically About Integrating Repatriated Managers in MNCs," the authors discuss how multinational corporations (MNCs) invest considerable resources into sending managers on foreign assignments, but many end up reporting dissatisfaction with their post-repatriation careers, and a significant percentage end up leaving the firm within a year. The article proposes a comprehensive configuration of processes, systems, and structures necessary for implementing new strategies for successfully developing the next generation of globally trained managers.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program