St. John Fisher College Collects 6,959 Books for Liberia
In November, St. John Fisher College collected 6,959 books for the ONE Campaign. The books will be donated to the Liberian Literacy Foundation, which ships books to Liberia to give to children and the literacy center.
The book drive was part of the ONE Campus Challenge, in which St. John Fisher College competes on an ongoing basis. Every year, ONE hosts the friendly competition to determine which university's student body has the most effective global poverty-fighting campaign. College students work together--with others on their campus and across the country--to learn about global poverty and preventable disease, and to achieve change on behalf of the world's poorest people through advocacy, action, and awareness-raising. During the school year, students earn points and recognition for their schools by participating in different actions and monthly challenges.
Each month, there is a different theme and challenge for the schools to complete. The November theme was education, and the book drive was the challenge. The schools that accumulate the most points in monthly challenges and throughout the season are eligible for prizes and national recognition.
For its efforts during the book drive, St. John Fisher College earned 349,950 points toward its total. Please visit the ONE Campus Challenge website to view the current standings.
For more information about Fisher's involvement in the ONE Campus Challenge, please contact Jackie Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONE is a grassroots campaign and advocacy organization backed by more than 2 million people who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. Cofounded by Bono and other campaigners, ONE is nonpartisan and works closely with African policy makers and activists. For more information, visit www.one.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Rice's Collaboration with RIT Featured in Democrat & Chronicle
- Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
- College Receives Grant from Finger Lakes Regional Development Council
- MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
- Hetzler Interviewed on Lonsberry
- Nursing Students Complete Final Rotation in Peru
- Reed Featured in “School Administrator” Journal
- Fisher Hosts Robotics Competition
- Sarachan Publishes in Journal
- Vosburgh Named d3football.com All-East Region Coach of the Year
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa