Senior Sport Management Students Present Capstone Project to Local Professionals
On Thursday, December 17, a group of 12 senior sport management majors will present to local sports professionals as part of their capstone project in Policy in Sport. The course, taught by Scott Bryson, Instructor of Sport Studies, challenged the students to examine what makes an organization successful. Throughout the semester, the class read Good to Great by Jim Collins, and also looked into case studies documented in Peak Performance by Jon Katzenbach.
The students have compiled what they learned during the course with the lessons they have taken away from their own experiences outside of the classroom. Members of the class have worked with organizations such as the Rochester Red Wings, Rochester Raiders, Penfield Fitness and Racquet Club, Rochester Americans, Rochester Knighthawks, Rochester Razorsharks, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bisons, Nike, and the athletic departments at Hobart William Smith Colleges, Monroe Community College (MCC), Rochester Institute of Technology, and St. John Fisher College.
During their presentation on Thursday, the students—who are calling themselves Legacy Enterprise Counseling for the purpose of their project—will share their findings with professionals from the University of Rochester, MCC, Oak Hill Country Club, PCR Timing, Rochester Razorsharks, Rochester Redwings, and more. Attendees will learn about all of the elements that are required to make up successful college sports programs, professional sports organizations, and event management companies.
The presentation begins at 12 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge on the Fisher campus. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend.
Latest College News Stories
- Lavigne Participates in Two Conferences
- Recent Grad Reaches Semi-Finals of Peace First Competition
- Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant from the New York Higher Education Services Corporation Grant
- University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men (UPREP) Holds Classes on Campus
- St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Hosts a “Rochester Irish Gathering”
- College of New Rochelle Ed.D. Cohort Treated to Inspirational Guest Speaker
- Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
- English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
- Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
- Fisher Takes on the 2013 Corporate Challenge
- School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
- Lavery’s Price Selected for Online Innovation Explorers Community