Sarachan Publishes Article
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, recently published an article in the January 2013 issue of the Journal of Interactive Learning Research.
“Avatars Talking: The Use of Virtual Worlds Within Communication Courses” explores ways in which Second Life, and other virtual worlds, can be used as a pedagogical tool in communication courses, with a focus on interpersonal and cultural communications. Sarachan collaborated on the article with professors and educational technologists at Glendale Community College, University of the Pacific, and the University of Richmond.
The Journal of Interactive Learning Research publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness, and impact on education and training of a variety of interactive learning environments.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members