Sarachan Publishes Article
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, recently published an article in the January 2013 issue of the Journal of Interactive Learning Research.
“Avatars Talking: The Use of Virtual Worlds Within Communication Courses” explores ways in which Second Life, and other virtual worlds, can be used as a pedagogical tool in communication courses, with a focus on interpersonal and cultural communications. Sarachan collaborated on the article with professors and educational technologists at Glendale Community College, University of the Pacific, and the University of Richmond.
The Journal of Interactive Learning Research publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness, and impact on education and training of a variety of interactive learning environments.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship