Sarachan Publishes Article
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism and Director of the Digital Cultures and Technologies Program, recently published an article in the January 2013 issue of the Journal of Interactive Learning Research.
“Avatars Talking: The Use of Virtual Worlds Within Communication Courses” explores ways in which Second Life, and other virtual worlds, can be used as a pedagogical tool in communication courses, with a focus on interpersonal and cultural communications. Sarachan collaborated on the article with professors and educational technologists at Glendale Community College, University of the Pacific, and the University of Richmond.
The Journal of Interactive Learning Research publishes papers related to the underlying theory, design, implementation, effectiveness, and impact on education and training of a variety of interactive learning environments.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wes Renfro Delivers Convocation at Alma Mater
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland