College to Participate in Worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” Event
As part of the 50th Anniversary celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, St. John Fisher College will be participating in the worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” bell-ringing event on Wednesday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
The College will ring Kearney Hall’s steeple bell 50 times to commemorate the anniversary and remember the historic March on Washington.
“Let Freedom Ring” is a national event hosted by The King Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The Center put out a call to cities and organizations across the United States to participate.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion