College to Participate in Worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” Event
As part of the 50th Anniversary celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, St. John Fisher College will be participating in the worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” bell-ringing event on Wednesday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
The College will ring Kearney Hall’s steeple bell 50 times to commemorate the anniversary and remember the historic March on Washington.
“Let Freedom Ring” is a national event hosted by The King Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The Center put out a call to cities and organizations across the United States to participate.
Latest College News Stories
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List