College to Participate in Worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” Event
As part of the 50th Anniversary celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, St. John Fisher College will be participating in the worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” bell-ringing event on Wednesday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
The College will ring Kearney Hall’s steeple bell 50 times to commemorate the anniversary and remember the historic March on Washington.
“Let Freedom Ring” is a national event hosted by The King Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The Center put out a call to cities and organizations across the United States to participate.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes