College to Participate in Worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” Event
As part of the 50th Anniversary celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, St. John Fisher College will be participating in the worldwide “Let Freedom Ring” bell-ringing event on Wednesday, August 28, at 3:00 p.m.
The College will ring Kearney Hall’s steeple bell 50 times to commemorate the anniversary and remember the historic March on Washington.
“Let Freedom Ring” is a national event hosted by The King Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The Center put out a call to cities and organizations across the United States to participate.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company