Kimaru Presents at SUNY Brockport
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, gave a seminar presentation at the State University of New York at Brockport on September 26.
The title of the seminar was, “Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Chiral Recognition Abilities.” Kimaru presented her research on the synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the chiral recognition ability of new amino acid-based ILs for chiral discrimination.
The Chemistry Seminar program at Brockport is hosted within the context of Seminar I and II (CHM 400 and 401), two formal courses that are required of all chemistry and physics majors. The scheduling aims to include speakers from a wide variety of areas and disciplines from academia, industry, and career services.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems