Kimaru Presents at SUNY Brockport
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, gave a seminar presentation at the State University of New York at Brockport on September 26.
The title of the seminar was, “Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Chiral Recognition Abilities.” Kimaru presented her research on the synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the chiral recognition ability of new amino acid-based ILs for chiral discrimination.
The Chemistry Seminar program at Brockport is hosted within the context of Seminar I and II (CHM 400 and 401), two formal courses that are required of all chemistry and physics majors. The scheduling aims to include speakers from a wide variety of areas and disciplines from academia, industry, and career services.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner