Kimaru Presents at SUNY Brockport
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, gave a seminar presentation at the State University of New York at Brockport on September 26.
The title of the seminar was, “Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Chiral Recognition Abilities.” Kimaru presented her research on the synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the chiral recognition ability of new amino acid-based ILs for chiral discrimination.
The Chemistry Seminar program at Brockport is hosted within the context of Seminar I and II (CHM 400 and 401), two formal courses that are required of all chemistry and physics majors. The scheduling aims to include speakers from a wide variety of areas and disciplines from academia, industry, and career services.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Senior Send-Off
- Student Scholars Present at Regional and National Conferences
- Students, Alumni, Community Partners Honored during Education Celebration
- Fisher Education Grads #ThankATeacher
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Reflects on Relationship between Women, Nature
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House