Kimaru Presents at SUNY Brockport
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, gave a seminar presentation at the State University of New York at Brockport on September 26.
The title of the seminar was, “Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Chiral Recognition Abilities.” Kimaru presented her research on the synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the chiral recognition ability of new amino acid-based ILs for chiral discrimination.
The Chemistry Seminar program at Brockport is hosted within the context of Seminar I and II (CHM 400 and 401), two formal courses that are required of all chemistry and physics majors. The scheduling aims to include speakers from a wide variety of areas and disciplines from academia, industry, and career services.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website