Kimaru Presents at SUNY Brockport
Dr. Irene Kimaru, Associate Professor of Chemistry, gave a seminar presentation at the State University of New York at Brockport on September 26.
The title of the seminar was, “Synthesis and Characterization of New Chiral Ionic Liquids and Evaluation of Their Chiral Recognition Abilities.” Kimaru presented her research on the synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the chiral recognition ability of new amino acid-based ILs for chiral discrimination.
The Chemistry Seminar program at Brockport is hosted within the context of Seminar I and II (CHM 400 and 401), two formal courses that are required of all chemistry and physics majors. The scheduling aims to include speakers from a wide variety of areas and disciplines from academia, industry, and career services.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam