Karate Tournament to Fund Anthropology Scholarship
St. John Fisher College will once again host the D'Agostino Karate Tournament on Sunday, March 30. The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (formerly known as the Student Life Center) from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and proceeds will benefit the Anthony C. D’Agostino Anthropology Scholarship.
The tournament includes competitive divisions according to age, rank, and gender, with events in forms, oriental weapons, and sparring. Registration is now open to all styles of karate, and competitor registration is $45. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three competitors in each division.
The scholarship honors the memory of Dr. Anthony C. D’Agostino, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anthropology at Fisher from 1969-1997. It supports anthropology majors who exemplify a love of learning as demonstrated through their academic and personal pursuits.
Admission will be $8 for ages 9 and older ($5 with Fisher ID), $5 for 6-8 years old, and children under 5 years of age are admitted for free. Concessions will be provided by the College’s Anthropology Club.
For more information about the tournament, contact Sensei Justin Tubiolo (email@example.com) or Sensei Matt Dorsey, at 585-475-9250. For more information about the scholarship, contact Libby Pinti in the Office of Alumni and Development, at 585-385-7350.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair