Sarachan Publishes in Journal
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Media and Communication, has had an article published in the December 2013 issue of Journal of Gaming and Virtual Worlds.
“Exploring the Online Playground: Understanding Motivation in Children’s Virtual Worlds” focuses on Sarachan’s research which included interviews and observations of children ages 6-11 in order to better understand whether children behave in the virtual spaces according to the expectations established by the rules or play on their own terms.
Through his research, Sarachan found that students tend to focus on those aspects of the world that align with their own desired style of play, despite a focus on virtual wealth accumulation and limits established by the space to encourage adults to purchase memberships for their children. In addition, the children often preferred more creative play not easily found in these spaces, and the article discusses alternative virtual spaces that provide children with greater cognitive challenges.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program