Sarachan Publishes in Journal
Jeremy Sarachan, Assistant Professor of Media and Communication, has had an article published in the December 2013 issue of Journal of Gaming and Virtual Worlds.
“Exploring the Online Playground: Understanding Motivation in Children’s Virtual Worlds” focuses on Sarachan’s research which included interviews and observations of children ages 6-11 in order to better understand whether children behave in the virtual spaces according to the expectations established by the rules or play on their own terms.
Through his research, Sarachan found that students tend to focus on those aspects of the world that align with their own desired style of play, despite a focus on virtual wealth accumulation and limits established by the space to encourage adults to purchase memberships for their children. In addition, the children often preferred more creative play not easily found in these spaces, and the article discusses alternative virtual spaces that provide children with greater cognitive challenges.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Athletes Make History
- Buffalo Bills Release 2016 Training Camp Schedule
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- Fisher Hosts High-rise Drill for Local Fire Departments Sunday
- Inaugural Ed.D. Cohort Graduates from Syracuse Extension Site; Rochester Graduates Honored at Local Hooding
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Arts and Sciences Celebrates Seniors