Rochester Art Club Spring Show Now Open
Beginning on Monday, March 25, St. John Fisher College will host the Rochester Art Club Spring Show in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center. The free exhibit will run through Friday, May 10.
The Rochester Art Club is the second oldest active art organization in the country, formed in 1877 and incorporated in 1882. Today, the club’s membership stands at 150 members. And while they continue to move into the future, they strive to remember the past club members who made important contributions both to the organization and the community at large. This inaugural retrospective exhibition honors the work of the following deceased Rochester Art Club members: Warren Aldoretta, Emilee Higbie, Rober Keim, Thomas Lotta, Franz Schwenk, and Patricia Wygant.
The annual spring exhibit showcases the finest work from the Signature Members of the Rochester Art Club. All work is juried in by Steven Assael, a nationally acclaimed professional artist based out of New York City. The show consists of a wide variety of genres employing a vast range of techniques used to create the works.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone