Rochester Art Club Spring Show Now Open
Beginning on Monday, March 25, St. John Fisher College will host the Rochester Art Club Spring Show in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center. The free exhibit will run through Friday, May 10.
The Rochester Art Club is the second oldest active art organization in the country, formed in 1877 and incorporated in 1882. Today, the club’s membership stands at 150 members. And while they continue to move into the future, they strive to remember the past club members who made important contributions both to the organization and the community at large. This inaugural retrospective exhibition honors the work of the following deceased Rochester Art Club members: Warren Aldoretta, Emilee Higbie, Rober Keim, Thomas Lotta, Franz Schwenk, and Patricia Wygant.
The annual spring exhibit showcases the finest work from the Signature Members of the Rochester Art Club. All work is juried in by Steven Assael, a nationally acclaimed professional artist based out of New York City. The show consists of a wide variety of genres employing a vast range of techniques used to create the works.
Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website