Lavery Library to Host New Exhibit
Beginning on Monday, September 30, the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery will host a new exhibit entitled "Two Sides of a Story: Illustrations by Shawnee Hill,” showcasing the work of Shawnee Hill, a Communications Design graduate from The Pratt Institute. An opening reception will take place on Friday, October 4, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.
In the exhibit, Hill says she “wanted to create something that was open to interpretation and invoked a strong feeling.” She said the two sides are herself and the viewer, and the story itself is in her illustrations. The exhibit will feature over 30 pieces of her work.
After recent bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, Hill discovered that her artistic style changed for the better, allowing her to reach higher standards of artistic ability. She was born into a creative family, and after her mother passed away last spring, she was encouraged to pursue portrait drawing, influencing much of the work for this show.
To see more of Hill’s artwork, visit her website. The exhibit will be on display in the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery until November 29.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence