Lavery Library to Host New Exhibit
Beginning on Monday, September 30, the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery will host a new exhibit entitled "Two Sides of a Story: Illustrations by Shawnee Hill,” showcasing the work of Shawnee Hill, a Communications Design graduate from The Pratt Institute. An opening reception will take place on Friday, October 4, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.
In the exhibit, Hill says she “wanted to create something that was open to interpretation and invoked a strong feeling.” She said the two sides are herself and the viewer, and the story itself is in her illustrations. The exhibit will feature over 30 pieces of her work.
After recent bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, Hill discovered that her artistic style changed for the better, allowing her to reach higher standards of artistic ability. She was born into a creative family, and after her mother passed away last spring, she was encouraged to pursue portrait drawing, influencing much of the work for this show.
To see more of Hill’s artwork, visit her website. The exhibit will be on display in the Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery until November 29.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel