Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
Over 60 St. John Fisher College students, faculty, and staff participated in the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Sunday, October 20, in downtown Rochester. Fisher’s team raised nearly $3,000.
Students from the softball team, dance club, Colleges Against Cancer, and the First Generation and Service Scholar programs walked the three-mile downtown route to and from Frontier Field, cheering on survivors and remembering those who lost their battles with the disease.
The annual event attracted 10,000 walkers to raise money to support cancer research, free mammograms for those needing assistance, and transportation and lodging for those undergoing treatment.
ACS estimated that $800,000 was raised in Rochester. Donations are used toward the fight against cancer through research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice