Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
Over 60 St. John Fisher College students, faculty, and staff participated in the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Sunday, October 20, in downtown Rochester. Fisher’s team raised nearly $3,000.
Students from the softball team, dance club, Colleges Against Cancer, and the First Generation and Service Scholar programs walked the three-mile downtown route to and from Frontier Field, cheering on survivors and remembering those who lost their battles with the disease.
The annual event attracted 10,000 walkers to raise money to support cancer research, free mammograms for those needing assistance, and transportation and lodging for those undergoing treatment.
ACS estimated that $800,000 was raised in Rochester. Donations are used toward the fight against cancer through research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia