College Welcomes Two Alumnae as New Senior Major Gift Officers
Elizabeth “Tish” Ciaccio ’83 and Melissa Head ’94 recently joined the Office of Institutional Advancement as Senior Major Gift Officers.
Prior to joining Fisher, Ciaccio was the Senior Director of Development for Student Activities and University Projects at the Rochester Institute of Technology, where she had been since 2002. She was responsible for fundraising for all non-academic areas of campus. She also served as the Assistant Director for State and Local Government Relations at Global Crossing, Ltd., and was the Associate Director for Major Gifts and Special Projects at the University of Rochester Medical Center from 1998-2000.
In addition, Ciaccio spent some time working for the City of Rochester as the Legislative Aide to City Council member Brian Curran from 1994-1998, and was the Municipal Assistant in the Office of Planning Neighborhood Development from 1986-1994. Right after completing her undergraduate degree in Political Science (with a minor in Communication/Journalism) at Fisher, she got a job as the Secretary to the Mayor of Rochester in 1983.
Ciaccio has also served on a variety of boards and committees for local organizations including Rochester Hearing and Speech, Mercy Residential Services, Seton Catholic School, and Our Lady of Mercy High School.
As a student at Fisher, Ciaccio played on the inaugural women’s varsity soccer team, playing all four years. She met her husband, David Vogt ’82, through the sport.
Head came to Fisher from Nazareth College, where she had been the Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving. She was responsible for the planned giving program, which included managing a multi-channel marketing plan and overseeing the education, solicitations, stewardship, and professional development for the program, as well as managed a principal and major gift portfolio in support of the College’s campaign priorities. Prior to Nazareth, she worked at the University of Rochester, where she started as the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions in the Warner School, and eventually became the Associate Director of Development Programs for the Eastman School of Music. Additionally, Head worked for Monroe County’s Department of Health and Human Services from 1996-2002.
She received her bachelor’s degree in history from Fisher, and obtained a master’s degree in administration with a concentration in higher education from the University of Rochester. In addition, Head is a member of the Rochester Child First Network Board of Directors and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She is also the co-chair of the Planned Giving Council of Upstate New York, and is a member of CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). In 2013, Head was a panelist and co-presenter at the AFP Annual Conference.
While she was a student at Fisher, Head was a student ambassador and was involved in the Student Activities Board and History Club. In addition, she occasionally filled in as a co-host on the campus radio show. Head’s immediate family is also a big part of the Fisher family. Her husband, William Head, CPA, is a member of the Class of 1994, and her sister and brother-in-law graduated from Fisher in 1992 and 1993, respectively.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant