Biology Department Matches Students with Alumni Mentors
On Wednesday, January 30, a total of 21 current Biology students had the opportunity to meet and network with alumni who are working in the industry through the department’s peer mentoring program.
The program has been in place for two years, and matches first-year students with more experienced students in the major. Peer mentor/mentee teams are then matched with an alumni mentor who serves as a resource for information and support to students throughout the semester.
The event included a dinner, a brief presentation about mentoring, and a time for networking. A total of 14 alumni attended.
Samantha Kelly '13, a Biology major, and Dr. Jeffrey Dolgos, DDS, '92.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems