Senior Accounting Students Awarded Business Excellence Scholarships
Two seniors from the St. John Fisher College School of Business have received prestigious scholarships for their display of business leadership and academic excellence. Jacqueline Cowley was this year’s Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) Scholarship Award recipient, and M. Brendan Kazmierski received the Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Scholarship. Both students are accounting majors, and have been named the 2013-14 co-liaisons of the BGS College chapter.
The RABEF Scholarship is awarded to a deserving student that exhibits high ethical standards while promoting the value of business ethics to a future generation of leaders. Cowley currently serves as the Chair of the Accounting Club and attends leadership forums at various accounting firms. She also holds a leadership position on the Teddi Dance for Love Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. Cowley says she strives for integrity, while being a leader, in order to be a positive role model for her community.
“Integrity is a value that I carry with me in everything I pursue, and it is a value that everyone looks for in any kind of business or personal relationship,” says Cowley.
The BGS Scholarship is given to deserving student members from each chapter who are currently enrolled in a business administration program at an AACSB International-accredited college or university. Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the men's varsity soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. He said he views BGS as more than just a résumé item, but also as an opportunity to instill integrity, wisdom, and lifelong learning in other members.
“It is also a chance for students to step up and be a leader to help others identify their strengths and move out of their comfort zone,” he added.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception