Senior Accounting Students Awarded Business Excellence Scholarships
Two seniors from the St. John Fisher College School of Business have received prestigious scholarships for their display of business leadership and academic excellence. Jacqueline Cowley was this year’s Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) Scholarship Award recipient, and M. Brendan Kazmierski received the Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Scholarship. Both students are accounting majors, and have been named the 2013-14 co-liaisons of the BGS College chapter.
The RABEF Scholarship is awarded to a deserving student that exhibits high ethical standards while promoting the value of business ethics to a future generation of leaders. Cowley currently serves as the Chair of the Accounting Club and attends leadership forums at various accounting firms. She also holds a leadership position on the Teddi Dance for Love Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. Cowley says she strives for integrity, while being a leader, in order to be a positive role model for her community.
“Integrity is a value that I carry with me in everything I pursue, and it is a value that everyone looks for in any kind of business or personal relationship,” says Cowley.
The BGS Scholarship is given to deserving student members from each chapter who are currently enrolled in a business administration program at an AACSB International-accredited college or university. Kazmierski currently holds the role of a captain on the men's varsity soccer team and volunteers with youth teams in the area. He said he views BGS as more than just a résumé item, but also as an opportunity to instill integrity, wisdom, and lifelong learning in other members.
“It is also a chance for students to step up and be a leader to help others identify their strengths and move out of their comfort zone,” he added.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students