Madigan Co-Authors Book about Sustainability
Dr. Tim Madigan, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Irish Studies Program, recently co-authored a book titled “Beyond Sustainability: A Thriving Environment.” Madigan co-wrote the book with Tim Delaney, the Department Chair and Associate Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego.
The book focuses on the study of environment from the viewpoint of two academic disciplines: sociology and philosophy. It looks at the differences between “sustainability” and “thrivability.” The book explores the topics of the sixth mass extinction, fracking, plastics, food waste, and deforestation. The book also looks at why thrivability is a beneficial and possible approach and the practical ways to teach it.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team