Madigan Co-Authors Book about Sustainability
Dr. Tim Madigan, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Irish Studies Program, recently co-authored a book titled “Beyond Sustainability: A Thriving Environment.” Madigan co-wrote the book with Tim Delaney, the Department Chair and Associate Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego.
The book focuses on the study of environment from the viewpoint of two academic disciplines: sociology and philosophy. It looks at the differences between “sustainability” and “thrivability.” The book explores the topics of the sixth mass extinction, fracking, plastics, food waste, and deforestation. The book also looks at why thrivability is a beneficial and possible approach and the practical ways to teach it.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades