Madigan Co-Authors Book about Sustainability
Dr. Tim Madigan, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Irish Studies Program, recently co-authored a book titled “Beyond Sustainability: A Thriving Environment.” Madigan co-wrote the book with Tim Delaney, the Department Chair and Associate Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego.
The book focuses on the study of environment from the viewpoint of two academic disciplines: sociology and philosophy. It looks at the differences between “sustainability” and “thrivability.” The book explores the topics of the sixth mass extinction, fracking, plastics, food waste, and deforestation. The book also looks at why thrivability is a beneficial and possible approach and the practical ways to teach it.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program