Madigan Co-Authors Book about Sustainability
Dr. Tim Madigan, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Irish Studies Program, recently co-authored a book titled “Beyond Sustainability: A Thriving Environment.” Madigan co-wrote the book with Tim Delaney, the Department Chair and Associate Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego.
The book focuses on the study of environment from the viewpoint of two academic disciplines: sociology and philosophy. It looks at the differences between “sustainability” and “thrivability.” The book explores the topics of the sixth mass extinction, fracking, plastics, food waste, and deforestation. The book also looks at why thrivability is a beneficial and possible approach and the practical ways to teach it.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence