Madigan Co-Authors Book about Sustainability
Dr. Tim Madigan, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Irish Studies Program, recently co-authored a book titled “Beyond Sustainability: A Thriving Environment.” Madigan co-wrote the book with Tim Delaney, the Department Chair and Associate Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Oswego.
The book focuses on the study of environment from the viewpoint of two academic disciplines: sociology and philosophy. It looks at the differences between “sustainability” and “thrivability.” The book explores the topics of the sixth mass extinction, fracking, plastics, food waste, and deforestation. The book also looks at why thrivability is a beneficial and possible approach and the practical ways to teach it.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides