Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
Math majors Angela Andrese, Rachel Kline, and Brandon Lyles recently competed in the 2014 Mathematical Contest in Modeling from February 6-10.
They competed as a team, and were advised by Dr. Kris Green, Professor and Interim Program Director, Graduate Program in Math/Science/Technology Education. The contest has been sponsored by the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications since the 1980s, and involves hundreds of teams from the United States and other countries.
During the four days, the team had to develop a mathematical model to solve a single contest problem and write a detailed technical report on their work.
Results of the contest will be available in late April.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems