Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
Math majors Angela Andrese, Rachel Kline, and Brandon Lyles recently competed in the 2014 Mathematical Contest in Modeling from February 6-10.
They competed as a team, and were advised by Dr. Kris Green, Professor and Interim Program Director, Graduate Program in Math/Science/Technology Education. The contest has been sponsored by the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications since the 1980s, and involves hundreds of teams from the United States and other countries.
During the four days, the team had to develop a mathematical model to solve a single contest problem and write a detailed technical report on their work.
Results of the contest will be available in late April.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence