Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
Math majors Angela Andrese, Rachel Kline, and Brandon Lyles recently competed in the 2014 Mathematical Contest in Modeling from February 6-10.
They competed as a team, and were advised by Dr. Kris Green, Professor and Interim Program Director, Graduate Program in Math/Science/Technology Education. The contest has been sponsored by the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications since the 1980s, and involves hundreds of teams from the United States and other countries.
During the four days, the team had to develop a mathematical model to solve a single contest problem and write a detailed technical report on their work.
Results of the contest will be available in late April.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture