Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
Math majors Angela Andrese, Rachel Kline, and Brandon Lyles recently competed in the 2014 Mathematical Contest in Modeling from February 6-10.
They competed as a team, and were advised by Dr. Kris Green, Professor and Interim Program Director, Graduate Program in Math/Science/Technology Education. The contest has been sponsored by the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications since the 1980s, and involves hundreds of teams from the United States and other countries.
During the four days, the team had to develop a mathematical model to solve a single contest problem and write a detailed technical report on their work.
Results of the contest will be available in late April.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International