Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
Math majors Angela Andrese, Rachel Kline, and Brandon Lyles recently competed in the 2014 Mathematical Contest in Modeling from February 6-10.
They competed as a team, and were advised by Dr. Kris Green, Professor and Interim Program Director, Graduate Program in Math/Science/Technology Education. The contest has been sponsored by the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications since the 1980s, and involves hundreds of teams from the United States and other countries.
During the four days, the team had to develop a mathematical model to solve a single contest problem and write a detailed technical report on their work.
Results of the contest will be available in late April.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards