Countdown to Commencement: Husain Bawany
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Husain Bawany, a Biology and Religious Studies double major. He was nominated by Dr. Kathy Savage, Assistant Professor in the Biology Department, and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
According to his nominators, Bawany is an extremely dedicated student who is involved in several different facets of the Fisher community. He has a passion for engaging students in diversity discussions and service, and has been involved in many efforts to provide service to underrepresented populations in the Rochester community, specifically refugee children.
“Husain has changed the way I approach some topics I teach to include a broader perspective,” said Savage.
Aside from Bawany’s service work in the larger Rochester community, he can be spotted on campus doing much of the same. During his four years at Fisher, he has been involved in the Student Government Association, Muslim Student Association, Religious Studies Club, Measure 13, the Strategic Planning Committee, the Interfaith Rochester Area College, and most recently, served as the Co-Chair of the 2012 Day of Celebration.
He was also responsible for the College’s Coexistence Dinner and Dialogue, which encouraged positive conversation focused on diversity and faith in an effort to promote an atmosphere of acceptance, learning, and openness. The event attracted dozens of students from around the Rochester area.
“I will always remember Husain’s compassion to promoting diversity and student engagement beyond the Fisher campus,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Husain Bawany!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference