Pharmacy Adjunct Promoted to Lead Pharmacy Division at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Dr. Mona Chitre, an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently promoted to vice president of pharmacy management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
Chitre’s primary responsibilities include clinical and operational oversight of all aspects of Excellus BCBS’ pharmacy program, which spends $1 billion annually on members’ prescription medication. She will also handle clinical program development, formulary and medical management, employer group support, and vendor management.
She has worked at Excellus BCBS for more than 12 years, and most recently served as director of clinical services, strategy, and policy. Chitre earned her undergraduate and doctoral degrees in pharmacy from Rutgers University, and did her primary care residency with the Veterans Affairs Western New York Healthcare System in Buffalo. She was one of the first certified geriatric pharmacists in New York State.
Chitre has published several papers and abstracts in scientific journals on topics including diabetes, infectious disease, managed care trends, and medication therapy management.
In addition, Chitre is a member of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, serves on the board of directors for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, and volunteers with the Victor Central School District.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom