Pharmacy Adjunct Promoted to Lead Pharmacy Division at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Dr. Mona Chitre, an adjunct faculty member in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently promoted to vice president of pharmacy management at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
Chitre’s primary responsibilities include clinical and operational oversight of all aspects of Excellus BCBS’ pharmacy program, which spends $1 billion annually on members’ prescription medication. She will also handle clinical program development, formulary and medical management, employer group support, and vendor management.
She has worked at Excellus BCBS for more than 12 years, and most recently served as director of clinical services, strategy, and policy. Chitre earned her undergraduate and doctoral degrees in pharmacy from Rutgers University, and did her primary care residency with the Veterans Affairs Western New York Healthcare System in Buffalo. She was one of the first certified geriatric pharmacists in New York State.
Chitre has published several papers and abstracts in scientific journals on topics including diabetes, infectious disease, managed care trends, and medication therapy management.
In addition, Chitre is a member of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, serves on the board of directors for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, and volunteers with the Victor Central School District.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day