Beta Beta Beta Inducts 33 New Members
The St. John Fisher College Upsilon Rho chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national honor society for undergraduate Biology majors, held its second induction ceremony on April 4.
The ceremony was conducted by the executive board including Jillian Foster (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Alicia Vann (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian).
The ceremony began with a welcome from Dr. David Pate, the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, the faculty advisor for the Upsilon Rho chapter, then highlighted the accomplishments of current members of Beta Beta Beta during the last academic year. Some of those accomplishments included presenting research at international conferences and engaging in over 400 hours of service.
A total of 31 new regular members, one graduate member, and one associate member were inducted. Ahmed swore in the 2014-15 executive board which includes students Lubomyr Ravlyk (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Joseph DeRaddo (treasurer), Vincent Marino (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian). The ceremony concluded with remarks from Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Chair of the Biology Department.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day