Beta Beta Beta Inducts 33 New Members
The St. John Fisher College Upsilon Rho chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national honor society for undergraduate Biology majors, held its second induction ceremony on April 4.
The ceremony was conducted by the executive board including Jillian Foster (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Alicia Vann (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian).
The ceremony began with a welcome from Dr. David Pate, the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. Dr. Noveera Ahmed, the faculty advisor for the Upsilon Rho chapter, then highlighted the accomplishments of current members of Beta Beta Beta during the last academic year. Some of those accomplishments included presenting research at international conferences and engaging in over 400 hours of service.
A total of 31 new regular members, one graduate member, and one associate member were inducted. Ahmed swore in the 2014-15 executive board which includes students Lubomyr Ravlyk (president), Alessandro Albano (vice president), Joseph DeRaddo (treasurer), Vincent Marino (secretary), and Josephine D'Angelo (historian). The ceremony concluded with remarks from Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Chair of the Biology Department.
TriBeta was founded in 1922 and provides opportunities for members to receive small research grants, present their research at national and regional scientific meetings, and publish in the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, BIOS.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher