Pharmacy Honor Society Presents Flu Shot Session
On Thursday, October 18, members of Rho Chi, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s Honor Society, presented a flu shot information session at the URWell free clinic in Rochester hosted by the URWell Student Outreach organization.
P3 students Stacy Cairns, Kristin Haas, and Lara Kratochwill gave an interactive presentation entitled, “Test your Flu IQ,” to patients in the waiting room. Their presentation was part of a community outreach program that the Honor Society will be doing once a month at URWell for the rest of the academic year.
“They had a medical student giving flu shots, so they were really excited we were there to provide information,” said Cairns. “A few people there said we convinced them to get the shot and the quiz questions worked really well.”
The mission of URWell Student Outreach is to provide free high-quality preventative and health maintenance services to uninsured and underserved families and individuals in an effort to foster a healthy community and promote the spirit of education, social justice, and collaboration.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades