Pharmacy Honor Society Presents Flu Shot Session
On Thursday, October 18, members of Rho Chi, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s Honor Society, presented a flu shot information session at the URWell free clinic in Rochester hosted by the URWell Student Outreach organization.
P3 students Stacy Cairns, Kristin Haas, and Lara Kratochwill gave an interactive presentation entitled, “Test your Flu IQ,” to patients in the waiting room. Their presentation was part of a community outreach program that the Honor Society will be doing once a month at URWell for the rest of the academic year.
“They had a medical student giving flu shots, so they were really excited we were there to provide information,” said Cairns. “A few people there said we convinced them to get the shot and the quiz questions worked really well.”
The mission of URWell Student Outreach is to provide free high-quality preventative and health maintenance services to uninsured and underserved families and individuals in an effort to foster a healthy community and promote the spirit of education, social justice, and collaboration.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum