Pharmacy Honor Society Presents Flu Shot Session
On Thursday, October 18, members of Rho Chi, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s Honor Society, presented a flu shot information session at the URWell free clinic in Rochester hosted by the URWell Student Outreach organization.
P3 students Stacy Cairns, Kristin Haas, and Lara Kratochwill gave an interactive presentation entitled, “Test your Flu IQ,” to patients in the waiting room. Their presentation was part of a community outreach program that the Honor Society will be doing once a month at URWell for the rest of the academic year.
“They had a medical student giving flu shots, so they were really excited we were there to provide information,” said Cairns. “A few people there said we convinced them to get the shot and the quiz questions worked really well.”
The mission of URWell Student Outreach is to provide free high-quality preventative and health maintenance services to uninsured and underserved families and individuals in an effort to foster a healthy community and promote the spirit of education, social justice, and collaboration.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair