Pharmacy Honor Society Presents Flu Shot Session
On Thursday, October 18, members of Rho Chi, the Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s Honor Society, presented a flu shot information session at the URWell free clinic in Rochester hosted by the URWell Student Outreach organization.
P3 students Stacy Cairns, Kristin Haas, and Lara Kratochwill gave an interactive presentation entitled, “Test your Flu IQ,” to patients in the waiting room. Their presentation was part of a community outreach program that the Honor Society will be doing once a month at URWell for the rest of the academic year.
“They had a medical student giving flu shots, so they were really excited we were there to provide information,” said Cairns. “A few people there said we convinced them to get the shot and the quiz questions worked really well.”
The mission of URWell Student Outreach is to provide free high-quality preventative and health maintenance services to uninsured and underserved families and individuals in an effort to foster a healthy community and promote the spirit of education, social justice, and collaboration.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures