Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception