Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International