Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Latest College News Stories
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”