Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards