Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides