Rapp Presents in Turkey
Dr. Whitney Rapp, Associate Dean and Associate Professor in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, recently returned from presenting at the European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD) conference in Istanbul, Turkey.
Rapp is a member of the Board of Directors of The Association for the Severely Handicapped (TASH), an international organization that promotes equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. She and other TASH board members were invited to present at the conference, and their talk was entitled “TASH: Equity, Opportunity, and Inclusion.” Collectively, the members spoke about the accomplishments, current policy agenda items, and future projects of TASH. According to Rapp, they made several connections that will lead to collaborative advocacy for disability rights worldwide.
EASPD co-organized the conference with the Turkish authorities, and the event was also supported by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, and the International Labour Organization.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship