Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations Beginning November 26
The Staff Recognition Committee is seeking nominations for the College’s annual awards, and nominations will be accepted beginning Monday, November 26, until January 31, 2013. The goal of the program is to showcase staff accomplishments.
This year, nomination forms have been moved online, and can be accessed on the Staff Recognition Committee website beginning November 26 (insert link). The program includes five award categories:
- Employed with Fisher for 3 years or less
- "Hit the ground running" - made a positive and immediate impact on the Fisher community
- Shows imagination, creativity, and innovation
- Easily adapted to Fisher culture
- Fosters positive attitude
- Bridges lines across departments
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exemplifies the Fisher Spirit
Good Samaritan Award
- Gives of their own time to make a difference in the lives of others
- Provides outreach to the Fisher and/or greater community
- Serves as a role model for others
- Actively participates on campus/community committees and events
Lifelong Learner Award
- Continually seeks further education/professional development to enhance his/her growth
- Proactively shares knowledge gained with campus community
- Pursues networking opportunities (i.e. committee/board work)
- Consistently maintains high-level job performance
Students' Choice Award
- "Student first" approach - daily actions and efforts are consistently aligned with the Fisher student in mind
- Student Advocacy - consistently looks out for the well-being of each student
- Proactive in fostering/promoting the success of all students
- Genuinely cares about students; reaches out to those in need
In addition to the specific characteristics outlined in each award, nominees must maintain a high-level of job performance and exhibit quality characteristics such as: integrity, Fisher spirit, genuineness, professional/personal ethics, self-discipline, and initiative.
In March, employees will be informed that they have been nominated, and a staff recognition ceremony will take place in April, where the winners will be announced.
For more information on each award or to make a nomination, visit the Staff Recognition website.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins