St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College has been named to the list of America's Best Colleges 2014 in the National Universities category by U.S. News & World Report. Of the 206 top tier institutions in the National University category, Fisher is ranked 142.
Fisher is one of only seven New York State institutions in the Doctoral/Research University DRU classification. Adelphi University (152), Hofstra University (135), Pace University (173), St. John’s University-New York (152), SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (86), and The New School (135) are also on the list.
"As we enter our 65th academic year, this recognition is particularly encouraging and reaffirms the value of a Fisher education,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. "The faculty and staff are always working to improve our academic programs and learning environment for our students. Their hard work and focus have led to College-wide enrollment growth, high retention and graduation rates, and successful outcomes for our alumni. Students truly are our most precious responsibility, and all members of the Fisher community are fully committed to their academic, social, and professional success."
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception