St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College has been named to the list of America's Best Colleges 2014 in the National Universities category by U.S. News & World Report. Of the 206 top tier institutions in the National University category, Fisher is ranked 142.
Fisher is one of only seven New York State institutions in the Doctoral/Research University DRU classification. Adelphi University (152), Hofstra University (135), Pace University (173), St. John’s University-New York (152), SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (86), and The New School (135) are also on the list.
"As we enter our 65th academic year, this recognition is particularly encouraging and reaffirms the value of a Fisher education,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. "The faculty and staff are always working to improve our academic programs and learning environment for our students. Their hard work and focus have led to College-wide enrollment growth, high retention and graduation rates, and successful outcomes for our alumni. Students truly are our most precious responsibility, and all members of the Fisher community are fully committed to their academic, social, and professional success."
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes