2013 Graduates Complete “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers” Program
Dr. Mike Wischnowski, Dean, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Dr. Bill Stroud, Assistant Professor and Co-Program Director, M.S. Educational Leadership, attended the “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT)” ceremony at Monroe I BOCES on May 24.
The TSTT program is based upon an 8-year, full circle, collaborative model. The mission of the program is to recruit, mentor, and train culturally diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college and place them as effective teachers and committed leaders who strengthen schools and communities. The College is one of 23 schools that provide a program scholarship.
Two of Fisher’s 2013 graduates, Allison Marciano and Samantha Davis, were also recognized as graduates at the TSTT ceremony. Marciano, a Childhood/Special Education graduate, attended Churchville Chili High School, and Davis, an Adolescent Education/English graduate, attended Rush Henrietta High School.
Synthia Green '07, '09 (MS), an English Teacher at Rochester Early College International High School, served as the keynote speaker.
From L to R: Dr. Stroud; Synthia Green '07, '09 (MBA); Samantha Davis '13; Allison Marciano '13; Dr. Wischnowski.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher