2013 Graduates Complete “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers” Program
Dr. Mike Wischnowski, Dean, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Dr. Bill Stroud, Assistant Professor and Co-Program Director, M.S. Educational Leadership, attended the “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT)” ceremony at Monroe I BOCES on May 24.
The TSTT program is based upon an 8-year, full circle, collaborative model. The mission of the program is to recruit, mentor, and train culturally diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college and place them as effective teachers and committed leaders who strengthen schools and communities. The College is one of 23 schools that provide a program scholarship.
Two of Fisher’s 2013 graduates, Allison Marciano and Samantha Davis, were also recognized as graduates at the TSTT ceremony. Marciano, a Childhood/Special Education graduate, attended Churchville Chili High School, and Davis, an Adolescent Education/English graduate, attended Rush Henrietta High School.
Synthia Green '07, '09 (MS), an English Teacher at Rochester Early College International High School, served as the keynote speaker.
From L to R: Dr. Stroud; Synthia Green '07, '09 (MBA); Samantha Davis '13; Allison Marciano '13; Dr. Wischnowski.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”