2013 Graduates Complete “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers” Program
Dr. Mike Wischnowski, Dean, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Dr. Bill Stroud, Assistant Professor and Co-Program Director, M.S. Educational Leadership, attended the “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT)” ceremony at Monroe I BOCES on May 24.
The TSTT program is based upon an 8-year, full circle, collaborative model. The mission of the program is to recruit, mentor, and train culturally diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college and place them as effective teachers and committed leaders who strengthen schools and communities. The College is one of 23 schools that provide a program scholarship.
Two of Fisher’s 2013 graduates, Allison Marciano and Samantha Davis, were also recognized as graduates at the TSTT ceremony. Marciano, a Childhood/Special Education graduate, attended Churchville Chili High School, and Davis, an Adolescent Education/English graduate, attended Rush Henrietta High School.
Synthia Green '07, '09 (MS), an English Teacher at Rochester Early College International High School, served as the keynote speaker.
From L to R: Dr. Stroud; Synthia Green '07, '09 (MBA); Samantha Davis '13; Allison Marciano '13; Dr. Wischnowski.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner