2013 Graduates Complete “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers” Program
Dr. Mike Wischnowski, Dean, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Dr. Bill Stroud, Assistant Professor and Co-Program Director, M.S. Educational Leadership, attended the “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT)” ceremony at Monroe I BOCES on May 24.
The TSTT program is based upon an 8-year, full circle, collaborative model. The mission of the program is to recruit, mentor, and train culturally diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college and place them as effective teachers and committed leaders who strengthen schools and communities. The College is one of 23 schools that provide a program scholarship.
Two of Fisher’s 2013 graduates, Allison Marciano and Samantha Davis, were also recognized as graduates at the TSTT ceremony. Marciano, a Childhood/Special Education graduate, attended Churchville Chili High School, and Davis, an Adolescent Education/English graduate, attended Rush Henrietta High School.
Synthia Green '07, '09 (MS), an English Teacher at Rochester Early College International High School, served as the keynote speaker.
From L to R: Dr. Stroud; Synthia Green '07, '09 (MBA); Samantha Davis '13; Allison Marciano '13; Dr. Wischnowski.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students