2013 Graduates Complete “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers” Program
Dr. Mike Wischnowski, Dean, Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Dr. Bill Stroud, Assistant Professor and Co-Program Director, M.S. Educational Leadership, attended the “Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT)” ceremony at Monroe I BOCES on May 24.
The TSTT program is based upon an 8-year, full circle, collaborative model. The mission of the program is to recruit, mentor, and train culturally diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college and place them as effective teachers and committed leaders who strengthen schools and communities. The College is one of 23 schools that provide a program scholarship.
Two of Fisher’s 2013 graduates, Allison Marciano and Samantha Davis, were also recognized as graduates at the TSTT ceremony. Marciano, a Childhood/Special Education graduate, attended Churchville Chili High School, and Davis, an Adolescent Education/English graduate, attended Rush Henrietta High School.
Synthia Green '07, '09 (MS), an English Teacher at Rochester Early College International High School, served as the keynote speaker.
From L to R: Dr. Stroud; Synthia Green '07, '09 (MBA); Samantha Davis '13; Allison Marciano '13; Dr. Wischnowski.
Latest College News Stories
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank