Senior Sport Management Students Attend Winter Baseball Meetings
Three soon-to-be graduates of the Sport Management program recently traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to attend the Winter Baseball Meetings, an annual gathering for Major and Minor League Baseball. Anthony Laurendi, Dan Lippa, and Dave Malerk were accompanied by Professor Scott Bryson and Professor Alan Pogroszewski.
During the four-day convention, the students had the opportunity to attend several events, including the Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities Job Fair. According to Bryson, Laurendi interviewed and was offered a position with the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Lippa and Malerk’s experience led each of them to numerous interviews as well.
The annual meeting includes representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations and more than 160 Minor League Baseball teams.
For a slideshow of images from the 2012 Winter Meetings Job Fair event, visit MiLB.com's photo galleries website.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced