Senior Sport Management Students Attend Winter Baseball Meetings
Three soon-to-be graduates of the Sport Management program recently traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to attend the Winter Baseball Meetings, an annual gathering for Major and Minor League Baseball. Anthony Laurendi, Dan Lippa, and Dave Malerk were accompanied by Professor Scott Bryson and Professor Alan Pogroszewski.
During the four-day convention, the students had the opportunity to attend several events, including the Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities Job Fair. According to Bryson, Laurendi interviewed and was offered a position with the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Lippa and Malerk’s experience led each of them to numerous interviews as well.
The annual meeting includes representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations and more than 160 Minor League Baseball teams.
For a slideshow of images from the 2012 Winter Meetings Job Fair event, visit MiLB.com's photo galleries website.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception