Senior Sport Management Students Attend Winter Baseball Meetings
Three soon-to-be graduates of the Sport Management program recently traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to attend the Winter Baseball Meetings, an annual gathering for Major and Minor League Baseball. Anthony Laurendi, Dan Lippa, and Dave Malerk were accompanied by Professor Scott Bryson and Professor Alan Pogroszewski.
During the four-day convention, the students had the opportunity to attend several events, including the Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities Job Fair. According to Bryson, Laurendi interviewed and was offered a position with the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Lippa and Malerk’s experience led each of them to numerous interviews as well.
The annual meeting includes representatives from all 30 Major League Baseball organizations and more than 160 Minor League Baseball teams.
For a slideshow of images from the 2012 Winter Meetings Job Fair event, visit MiLB.com's photo galleries website.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer