And the Winning Door is…
After a fierce competition among departments, along with individual faculty and staff members, the St. John Fisher College 2011 Door Decorating Contest winners were determined earlier this week.
Over 30 doors throughout campus were decorated for the holidays, and each was judged on creativity and the best expression of holiday spirit. A photo of each door was also posted on the College’s Facebook page, and Facebook followers voted for their favorite.
After tallying up all of the votes, the Financial Aid Office took the department prize for their elaborate gingerbread house, complete with candy cane pole, winning a department lunch courtesy of Lackmann Culinary Services. Dr. Ramil Sapinoro, professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, won the title of best individual door for his Starbucks-themed décor. He received a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Special thanks to Sally Vaughan and Mike Allington for serving as the judges this year!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes