And the Winning Door is…
After a fierce competition among departments, along with individual faculty and staff members, the St. John Fisher College 2011 Door Decorating Contest winners were determined earlier this week.
Over 30 doors throughout campus were decorated for the holidays, and each was judged on creativity and the best expression of holiday spirit. A photo of each door was also posted on the College’s Facebook page, and Facebook followers voted for their favorite.
After tallying up all of the votes, the Financial Aid Office took the department prize for their elaborate gingerbread house, complete with candy cane pole, winning a department lunch courtesy of Lackmann Culinary Services. Dr. Ramil Sapinoro, professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, won the title of best individual door for his Starbucks-themed décor. He received a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Special thanks to Sally Vaughan and Mike Allington for serving as the judges this year!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice