And the Winning Door is…
After a fierce competition among departments, along with individual faculty and staff members, the St. John Fisher College 2011 Door Decorating Contest winners were determined earlier this week.
Over 30 doors throughout campus were decorated for the holidays, and each was judged on creativity and the best expression of holiday spirit. A photo of each door was also posted on the College’s Facebook page, and Facebook followers voted for their favorite.
After tallying up all of the votes, the Financial Aid Office took the department prize for their elaborate gingerbread house, complete with candy cane pole, winning a department lunch courtesy of Lackmann Culinary Services. Dr. Ramil Sapinoro, professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, won the title of best individual door for his Starbucks-themed décor. He received a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Special thanks to Sally Vaughan and Mike Allington for serving as the judges this year!
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students