Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features biology major, Sara Perrone. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Perrone’s nominators says she is the student who can do it all.
“I learned from her that you really can do it all if you have excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills,” said Vaughan.
She is the Student Government Association (SGA) vice president of operations and a member of the Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
Perrone has a calm demeanor, is always there to help students and is extremely caring. She has been on the Teddi Dance for Love committee all four years at Fisher. If you ask her about her community service efforts, she wouldn’t include Teddi in her answer because she doesn’t consider the event community service—it’s one of her passions.
Perrone is enthusiastic about Fisher, her studies and her extracurricular activities. She is “an advocate and resource for students,” said Rodgers. She has been a peer advisor for two years, an orientation coordinator, and is a biology department mentor.
After graduating from Fisher, Perrone will be heading to the School of Dental Medicine at the University at Buffalo. Both Vaughan and Rodgers believe in five years, she will be opening her own dental practice.
Best of luck to you, Sara!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference