Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features biology major, Sara Perrone. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Perrone’s nominators says she is the student who can do it all.
“I learned from her that you really can do it all if you have excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills,” said Vaughan.
She is the Student Government Association (SGA) vice president of operations and a member of the Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
Perrone has a calm demeanor, is always there to help students and is extremely caring. She has been on the Teddi Dance for Love committee all four years at Fisher. If you ask her about her community service efforts, she wouldn’t include Teddi in her answer because she doesn’t consider the event community service—it’s one of her passions.
Perrone is enthusiastic about Fisher, her studies and her extracurricular activities. She is “an advocate and resource for students,” said Rodgers. She has been a peer advisor for two years, an orientation coordinator, and is a biology department mentor.
After graduating from Fisher, Perrone will be heading to the School of Dental Medicine at the University at Buffalo. Both Vaughan and Rodgers believe in five years, she will be opening her own dental practice.
Best of luck to you, Sara!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades