English Student Publishes Essay
Samantha Reynolds, a senior English major, has had her lyric essay, “Sixty Seconds of Rain,” published in the current issue of Canto Magazine, a Rochester-based monthly literary arts journal.
Reynolds wrote and edited the essay in Dr. Jim Bowman’s English 365 class. M.J. Iuppa, Writer-in-Residence and Reynold’s fall internship supervisor reviewed the essay, and recommended to Reynolds that she submit it for publication.
As a student, Reynolds has written for The Cardinal Courier, C Magazine, Collegium, and Cardinal Virtue. She is currently an intern at the Rochester Business Journal working in the editorial department.
“With every new experience, I find myself one step closer to a career where I can get my pen to paper, my fingers to a keyboard, and create a new outlook on something. I love the expressive atmosphere of the newsroom, copy-editing an article and the revision process, and the satisfaction of creating a quality publication for the world to see,” said Reynolds.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program