Relay for Life Slated for April 11
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, St. John Fisher College’s student organization “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC) will host the 13th Annual Relay for Life in the Student Life Center. The 12-hour event will run through 6:00 a.m., Saturday, April 12, and aims to celebrate, remember, and fight back for all those who have been affected by cancer.
To date, over 185 participants have registered and nearly $7,000.00 has been raised. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. This year’s event theme is “Hope in Hollywood,” and teams are being encouraged to come dressed as their favorite movie or Hollywood actors.
Participants who register online before the event and raise at least $100 will be entered to win an iPad mini. The winner will be announced at the event, and must be present to win.
Senior Lindsey Kocher, President of Students With A Vision, may perhaps be one of the more brave participants, as she has vowed to shave her head at the event if at least $10,000 has been raised by the event itself.
This year’s Relay will include performances by Measure 13, Big Tuna and the Fishermen, Fisher Dance, and Fisher Swingbirds.
"We are very excited for this year's Relay for Life. It is an event that allows people from different class years and majors to unite for one night all for a common cause. We have a lot of great things planned for the night and hope that campus has as much fun attending as we have had planning,” said Catherine Fafone, President of CAC.
Members of the CAC committee and Relay participants will be tweeting throughout the event using #FisherRelay. The 2014 St. John Fisher College Relay for Life is being co-hosted by the American Cancer Society.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference