Relay for Life Slated for April 11
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, St. John Fisher College’s student organization “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC) will host the 13th Annual Relay for Life in the Student Life Center. The 12-hour event will run through 6:00 a.m., Saturday, April 12, and aims to celebrate, remember, and fight back for all those who have been affected by cancer.
To date, over 185 participants have registered and nearly $7,000.00 has been raised. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. This year’s event theme is “Hope in Hollywood,” and teams are being encouraged to come dressed as their favorite movie or Hollywood actors.
Participants who register online before the event and raise at least $100 will be entered to win an iPad mini. The winner will be announced at the event, and must be present to win.
Senior Lindsey Kocher, President of Students With A Vision, may perhaps be one of the more brave participants, as she has vowed to shave her head at the event if at least $10,000 has been raised by the event itself.
This year’s Relay will include performances by Measure 13, Big Tuna and the Fishermen, Fisher Dance, and Fisher Swingbirds.
"We are very excited for this year's Relay for Life. It is an event that allows people from different class years and majors to unite for one night all for a common cause. We have a lot of great things planned for the night and hope that campus has as much fun attending as we have had planning,” said Catherine Fafone, President of CAC.
Members of the CAC committee and Relay participants will be tweeting throughout the event using #FisherRelay. The 2014 St. John Fisher College Relay for Life is being co-hosted by the American Cancer Society.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes