St. John Fisher College Recognized for Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Education
St. John Fisher College has received a $100,000 grant from the George I. Alden Trust as part of the Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Award program. The grant will support the College’s institutional scholarship endowment.
The award is intended to publicly recognize institutions that have excelled in retention, education, graduation, and career placement. Other factors that are taken into account for the award include academic, demographic, and other relevant characteristics of the student population.
Fisher received special recognition in the competition alongside several schools, including Vassar College, Franklin & Marshall College, Mount Holyoke College, and Saint Peter’s University. The College of the Holy Cross received the competition’s first place Excellence Award.
Fisher’s Science Scholar Program, Service Scholars Program, and First-Generation Scholarship were of significance in the decision to award the grant. Additionally, the College’s emphasis on a student’s first-year experience and the Community-Based Service-Learning Program helped get the recognition.
“St. John Fisher College has built its foundation on providing students with a comprehensive education that prepares them to build lives, create careers, and serve the community,” said Dr. Donald Bain, President. “We are most grateful to the George I. Alden Trust for this prestigious award. Their generosity will certainly help our students continue to reach their goals.”
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition