Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students