Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video