Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance