Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher