Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Latest College News Stories
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3