Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”
Pam Carzo and Carolyn Martin, Fisher staff members who serve as the College’s Annual United Way Campaign Co-Chairs, recently received the 2014 United Way of Greater Rochester “Shining Star” Award. This is the second time they have been honored by the organization, having been previously named “Rising Stars” the year they started to chair the College’s campaign.
The “Shining Star” Award is given to individuals who set a true example of what it means to be a successful campaign coordinator. They take on their role with enthusiasm and a drive to succeed, and have achieved impressive results through their organization’s campaign during this year and previous years.
“It really is an award that speaks to the generosity of the College and all the people who contributed to this year’s campaign. This award is shared with everyone who participated in the campaign drive,” said Martin.
The United Way Committee members also include Nanette Huether, Amy Kohler, Jamie Mosca, Jill Rathbun, and Beverly Senecker.
Latest College News Stories
- From Fisher to the White House, Student Dines with President Obama
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition