Career Center Corner
The St. John Fisher College Career Center has had a busy semester, and recently held two successful and popular events for students.
Which fork first?
On March 12, the Center hosted the annual etiquette lunch, co-sponsored by the Office of Community Service. The event provided students and participants of Rochester Youth Year (RYY) with tips on how to dine in a professional setting and how to conduct themselves in various the scenarios they may encounter in their professional lives. Because of the collaboration with the Community Service Office, the etiquette lunch also served as a leadership development training session for RYY members. In addition, the diners were treated to a brief workshop on Careers in Non-Profits, which focused on career paths, ways to identify opportunities, and how to apply.
References available upon request
Two weeks later, the Center called on students to dress their best and have copies of their résumé for the annual Career and Internship Fair, which took place on March 20. The fair brought 42 employers representing a variety of industries and opportunities to campus, and attracted over 120 students. They had a chance to meet employers, learn more about opportunities, and formally apply for full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
“Employer interest and registration for the fair was strong this year. We reached capacity for the event a couple of weeks before our registration deadline, and students came prepared and ready to make the most of it,” said Matt Cardin, Director of the Career Center.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day