Career Center Corner
The St. John Fisher College Career Center has had a busy semester, and recently held two successful and popular events for students.
Which fork first?
On March 12, the Center hosted the annual etiquette lunch, co-sponsored by the Office of Community Service. The event provided students and participants of Rochester Youth Year (RYY) with tips on how to dine in a professional setting and how to conduct themselves in various the scenarios they may encounter in their professional lives. Because of the collaboration with the Community Service Office, the etiquette lunch also served as a leadership development training session for RYY members. In addition, the diners were treated to a brief workshop on Careers in Non-Profits, which focused on career paths, ways to identify opportunities, and how to apply.
References available upon request
Two weeks later, the Center called on students to dress their best and have copies of their résumé for the annual Career and Internship Fair, which took place on March 20. The fair brought 42 employers representing a variety of industries and opportunities to campus, and attracted over 120 students. They had a chance to meet employers, learn more about opportunities, and formally apply for full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
“Employer interest and registration for the fair was strong this year. We reached capacity for the event a couple of weeks before our registration deadline, and students came prepared and ready to make the most of it,” said Matt Cardin, Director of the Career Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation