St. John Fisher College Elects Two New Board Members
Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA), Chief Operating Officer and Partner, Employee Relations Associates, Inc., and Michael O’Conor ’78, Director, Management Consulting, Jordan & Jordan, were recently elected to the St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees.
Knittel joined Employee Relations Associates, Inc., in 2009, and is responsible for contributing to the strategic vision and expansion of the human resources and talent management firm. She is also serving as the President of ER Select, Inc., a company that focuses exclusively on customized recruitment process outsourcing engagements for companies located throughout the country.
She was previously a Partner at Worldleaders in Rochester from 2007-2009, and held several positions, including Vice President, Division Director, and Placement Manager over a 10-year timeframe with Advantage Professionals, LLC.
Knittel is active in the community, serving as the Vice Chairperson of the Board of Directors and Comprehensive Campaign Chairperson for Bivona Child Advocacy Center, and is a member of the Executive Committee for the DuPlessis Wolfe Accounting Society. She was named to the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” list in 2006, and placed second on the Top 100 Employee Relations Associates list in 2011. In 2012, the College awarded her with the Dean’s Medal. She resides in Rochester.
O’Conor has been with Jordan & Jordan since 2006, providing project management and compliance expertise focused on electronic trading to institutional clients within the financial services industry. Prior to that, he was the Senior Vice President and Director of Electronic Services at Chapdelaine Institutional Equities on Long Island. He has also worked for Merrill Lynch and Co., where he held several management positions, and Citibank, Chemical Bank, and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, serving in the corporate cash management division for each.
After completing his B.S. at Fisher, he went on to receive his MBA from Adelphi University. In 2004, he completed the Executive Program in Strategic Leadership at Harvard Business School.
O’Conor is a member of the Board of Directors for the Kennedy Child Study Center in New York City, and a Trustee at St. Anne’s Parish. He resides in Garden City, New York.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture