Parts of the campus have been under construction since last summer, and now that there are visible structures, some are wondering when those projects will be complete.
With both the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise and the Wegmans School of Nursing addition set to be open in time for the fall semester, much progress has been made, but plenty is still underway.
According to Joe Burkart, Special Assistant to the President, the Salerno Center’s foundations, slabs, structural steel, and building utilities have been completed. The crews are currently working on the exterior wall framing, heating and cooling ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and the roof trusses, with the roofing installation coming later this month. The building’s brickwork will begin in March, along with the installation of the interior partitions. By May, the window installation will be underway. The Center’s target completion date is August 1.
Work on the addition to the School of Nursing began a couple weeks ago, and the asbestos abatement and some demolition of the old facilities buildings have been completed. The complete building demolition is now underway, and the utility relocations will follow soon. Beginning February 25, excavation and foundation work will start. Structural steel formation will begin April 15, and the expected completion date is August 15.
Dr. Bain helps move the demolition of the old facilities building along to make room for the Wegmans School of Nursing addition.
Salerno Center progress shot.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception