Parts of the campus have been under construction since last summer, and now that there are visible structures, some are wondering when those projects will be complete.
With both the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise and the Wegmans School of Nursing addition set to be open in time for the fall semester, much progress has been made, but plenty is still underway.
According to Joe Burkart, Special Assistant to the President, the Salerno Center’s foundations, slabs, structural steel, and building utilities have been completed. The crews are currently working on the exterior wall framing, heating and cooling ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and the roof trusses, with the roofing installation coming later this month. The building’s brickwork will begin in March, along with the installation of the interior partitions. By May, the window installation will be underway. The Center’s target completion date is August 1.
Work on the addition to the School of Nursing began a couple weeks ago, and the asbestos abatement and some demolition of the old facilities buildings have been completed. The complete building demolition is now underway, and the utility relocations will follow soon. Beginning February 25, excavation and foundation work will start. Structural steel formation will begin April 15, and the expected completion date is August 15.
Dr. Bain helps move the demolition of the old facilities building along to make room for the Wegmans School of Nursing addition.
Salerno Center progress shot.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner