Parts of the campus have been under construction since last summer, and now that there are visible structures, some are wondering when those projects will be complete.
With both the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise and the Wegmans School of Nursing addition set to be open in time for the fall semester, much progress has been made, but plenty is still underway.
According to Joe Burkart, Special Assistant to the President, the Salerno Center’s foundations, slabs, structural steel, and building utilities have been completed. The crews are currently working on the exterior wall framing, heating and cooling ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and the roof trusses, with the roofing installation coming later this month. The building’s brickwork will begin in March, along with the installation of the interior partitions. By May, the window installation will be underway. The Center’s target completion date is August 1.
Work on the addition to the School of Nursing began a couple weeks ago, and the asbestos abatement and some demolition of the old facilities buildings have been completed. The complete building demolition is now underway, and the utility relocations will follow soon. Beginning February 25, excavation and foundation work will start. Structural steel formation will begin April 15, and the expected completion date is August 15.
Dr. Bain helps move the demolition of the old facilities building along to make room for the Wegmans School of Nursing addition.
Salerno Center progress shot.
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule