Parts of the campus have been under construction since last summer, and now that there are visible structures, some are wondering when those projects will be complete.
With both the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise and the Wegmans School of Nursing addition set to be open in time for the fall semester, much progress has been made, but plenty is still underway.
According to Joe Burkart, Special Assistant to the President, the Salerno Center’s foundations, slabs, structural steel, and building utilities have been completed. The crews are currently working on the exterior wall framing, heating and cooling ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and the roof trusses, with the roofing installation coming later this month. The building’s brickwork will begin in March, along with the installation of the interior partitions. By May, the window installation will be underway. The Center’s target completion date is August 1.
Work on the addition to the School of Nursing began a couple weeks ago, and the asbestos abatement and some demolition of the old facilities buildings have been completed. The complete building demolition is now underway, and the utility relocations will follow soon. Beginning February 25, excavation and foundation work will start. Structural steel formation will begin April 15, and the expected completion date is August 15.
Dr. Bain helps move the demolition of the old facilities building along to make room for the Wegmans School of Nursing addition.
Salerno Center progress shot.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year