Fisher Remembers Ralph Wilson, Jr.
Ralph Wilson, Jr., owner of the Buffalo Bills and staunch supporter of St. John Fisher College, passed away on Tuesday, March 25. His passing leaves a sadness in the hearts of many Western New Yorkers, and many on the Fisher campus.
“The College is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Wilson. He was a generous supporter of the College, and a close personal friend. We will be forever grateful to him and to the entire Wilson family for their commitment to the College, and he will be remembered fondly by us all,” said President Bain.
Wilson’s first dealings with Fisher were in 2000, when he decided to move the team’s training camp to the Fisher campus. Then, in 2003, the College opened the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education. By 2011, the Bills and the College signed a multi-year contract for the Training Camp. And most recently, in the fall of 2013, the College renamed its Student Life Center to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center.
“Mr. Wilson was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful man. He represented a generation that is passing very quickly. I think for the fans, it’s a real loss,” added Bain.
A tribute in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer