Former Fisher Faculty Named WXXI’s Volunteer of the Year
Tom Proietti, a former faculty member in the Media and Communication Department at St. John Fisher College, received the Charles M. Wise Volunteer of the Year award at WXXI and the Little Theatre’s Annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony on Thursday, April 24. Recognized for his outstanding dedication to the station, Proietti and more than 100 WXXI volunteers attended the event at WXXI’s studios.
The Charles M. Wise Volunteer of the Year Award, named after the late Charles (Chuck) Wise, a loyal WXXI volunteer for many years, stands as a testament to Wise’s unwavering spirit of volunteerism. Each year, a committee of WXXI staff members identifies one volunteer who has been an ambassador for the mission of public broadcasting in our community. Proietti was unanimously selected.
Proietti is a founding member of the Little Theatre Film Society, past President of The Little Board of Directors, and was instrumental in helping raise money for the Little’s screen saver digital conversion campaign. He has also served as talent during WXXI’s radio drives and has been a regular guest on WXXI’s mid-day talk show 1370 Connection, which is now Connections with Evan Dawson. In addition to his work at WXXI and The Little, Proietti is Professor Emeritus of Communication at Monroe Community College and Resident Scholar In Media at St. John Fisher College. He is a former advertising and cable TV executive, who spent nearly five years with Time Warner Communications/Greater Rochester Cablevision as Vice President of Marketing and Programming.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations