Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 3rd annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 27, raising nearly $1,000 for the organization.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibitions the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team was composed of faculty and staff members including: Rob Kramer, Norm Kieffer, Dr. Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Kerri Brown, and Nick Velasco. Wheelchairs for the Fisher players were donated by Monroe Wheelchair. Terri Bagshaw was the Fisher team’s top fundraiser.
During half-time, the Wheels put on an exhibition inner-squad scrimmage. In the end, the Wheels won the game, beating Fisher 70-68.
Latest College News Stories
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week