Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 3rd annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 27, raising nearly $1,000 for the organization.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibitions the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team was composed of faculty and staff members including: Rob Kramer, Norm Kieffer, Dr. Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Kerri Brown, and Nick Velasco. Wheelchairs for the Fisher players were donated by Monroe Wheelchair. Terri Bagshaw was the Fisher team’s top fundraiser.
During half-time, the Wheels put on an exhibition inner-squad scrimmage. In the end, the Wheels won the game, beating Fisher 70-68.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Senior Send-Off
- Student Scholars Present at Regional and National Conferences
- Students, Alumni, Community Partners Honored during Education Celebration
- Fisher Education Grads #ThankATeacher
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Reflects on Relationship between Women, Nature
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House