Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 3rd annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 27, raising nearly $1,000 for the organization.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibitions the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team was composed of faculty and staff members including: Rob Kramer, Norm Kieffer, Dr. Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Kerri Brown, and Nick Velasco. Wheelchairs for the Fisher players were donated by Monroe Wheelchair. Terri Bagshaw was the Fisher team’s top fundraiser.
During half-time, the Wheels put on an exhibition inner-squad scrimmage. In the end, the Wheels won the game, beating Fisher 70-68.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain