Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 3rd annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 27, raising nearly $1,000 for the organization.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibitions the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team was composed of faculty and staff members including: Rob Kramer, Norm Kieffer, Dr. Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Kerri Brown, and Nick Velasco. Wheelchairs for the Fisher players were donated by Monroe Wheelchair. Terri Bagshaw was the Fisher team’s top fundraiser.
During half-time, the Wheels put on an exhibition inner-squad scrimmage. In the end, the Wheels won the game, beating Fisher 70-68.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference