Student Athlete Mentors Fundraise for Rochester Wheels
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Mentors (SAMs) hosted the 3rd annual Fisher Faculty/Staff vs. Rochester Wheels basketball game on Wednesday, February 27, raising nearly $1,000 for the organization.
Rochester Wheels is an adult wheelchair basketball team that demonstrates through competition and exhibitions the significant abilities of athletes with disabilities. The Fisher team was composed of faculty and staff members including: Rob Kramer, Norm Kieffer, Dr. Todd Harrison, Steve Salluzzo, Terri Bagshaw, Kerri Brown, and Nick Velasco. Wheelchairs for the Fisher players were donated by Monroe Wheelchair. Terri Bagshaw was the Fisher team’s top fundraiser.
During half-time, the Wheels put on an exhibition inner-squad scrimmage. In the end, the Wheels won the game, beating Fisher 70-68.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair