Fisher to Host American Marketing Association Collegiate Conference February 21
St. John Fisher College will host the 2014 American Marketing Association (AMA) Rochester Professional Chapter Collegiate Conference on Friday, February 21. The one-day conference will feature local, regional, and national marketing executives, and is geared towards college students getting ready to embark on their marketing careers. This is the first time the Rochester chapter is hosting the event.
A total of 70 students from Fisher, Niagara University, and the Rochester Institute of Technology are expected to attend. All sessions will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel. A closing networking reception will take place in the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise beginning at 3:30 p.m.
“This event is an incredible opportunity for students. They will be able to hear directly from Chief Marketing Officers and hiring managers exactly what they look for in potential candidates. It is the perfect time to network with numerous industry professionals and motivated students from other schools,” said Rob Meacham, Vice President of Professional Development for Fisher’s AMA Chapter. “And hosting the event at Fisher gives us the opportunity to showcase some of the best facets of our school—our students and the incredible new home of our School of Business, the Salerno Center.”
The day’s events and speakers will include:
8:00-9:00 a.m.: Registration & Breakfast (sponsored by the Fisher AMA)
9:00-9:15 a.m.: Welcome & Conference Theme, “Hiring Managers are Looking for Critical Thinkers, Effective Communication, & Problem Solvers,” presented by Russ McDonald, AMA, Rochester VP Collegiate Relations
9:15-10:00 a.m.: “Starting Your Marketing Career,” presented by Dawn Borgeest, United Way Senior Vice President & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
10:00-11:30 a.m.: Opportunities in Marketing, CMO Panel Discussion—“Insights into Employer Candidate Considerations as Viewed by CMOs & Hiring Managers”
Panel Discussion Facilitated By: Cathy Hines, President, Marketing Collaborative, LLC
Panelists will include: Jim Byrnes, VP, CMO, Erdman Anthony; Jennifer Hamberger, CMO, Freed Maxick, CPAs, P.C.; and Kevin Leysath, Recruiting, Xerox
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch Buffet and Break
12:30-2:00 p.m.: Navigating the New World of Business—“Young Professionals Discuss Career Launch and Landing”—Four innovative young professionals talk about their unusual jobs and how they made the transition from graduation to where they are now.
Panel Discussion Facilitated By: Barb Cote, Marketing Consultant
Panelists will include: Claire Albertson, VP, Marketing Boardroom Development Partners; Michael Annechino, Business Intelligence Program Manager, iVediX; Ryan Marks, Social Insights Planner, Brand Networks; and Alex Weiser, Producer, Questioner, Content Strategist, Butler/Till
2:00-3:15 p.m.: “Creating Opportunity & Value with Your Career,” presented by Debra Goebeler, AIG National Marketing Director, Atlanta
3:15-3:30 p.m.: Closing Comments—Russ McDonald, AMA, Rochester
3:30-6:00 p.m.: Professional Chapter Networking Reception, Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise Atrium
Open to AMA Rochester Professional Members, Professional Non-Members & Conference Students
The conference was organized by the AMA’s Rochester Professional Chapter. Event sponsors include Fisher, RIT Saunders School of Business, and Niagara University School of Business.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff