Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
Dr. Gary Maggs, Professor and Chair of the Department of Economics, has had a paper accepted for publication in the American Economist for this fall. He co-wrote the paper with Dr. Ben Kyer, Professor of Economics at Francis Marion University.
The paper, “Economic Expansion and the Balance of Trade: The Role of Aggregate Demand Elasticity,” investigates the role of aggregate demand elasticity for the balance of trade when economic expansion occurs. It demonstrates that when an economic expansion results from an exogenous increase of aggregate demand, the balance of trade deficit is impacted by the price level elasticity of aggregate demand. It is also shown that when an economic expansion is induced by an exogenous increase of short-run aggregate supply, the price level elasticity of aggregate demand is also relevant to resulting changes in the balance of trade.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher