President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
A total of 47 graduating seniors were honored on Friday, May 10, when students, their families and friends, faculty, and staff gathered in the Cleary Family Auditorium for the annual President’s Awards Ceremony. The awards were presented by Dr. Donald Bain and members of the Fisher faculty.
Many of the awards are GPA-driven, while others are a reflection of the winner’s service to the St. John Fisher College community through the years.
The winners included:
Charles P. Wolfe Award – Jason Norsen and Ryan Weir
Otto A. Shults Accounting Excellence Award – Katie Fandrich
Excellence in Finance Award – John Eaves
Award for Excellence in Economics – Odeta Kushi
Mary Ann Davis Prize in English – Marissa Petta and Jewels White
Clarence Amann Award – Gina Cardarelli
Award for Excellence in Foreign Languages – Mark Prunella-Miller
John A. Murray Award in History – Shelby Marie and Francis Christiano
Stefan Maczynski Award – Chris Mancini
Award for Excellence in Natural Sciences – Andrianette Skrypek
Award for Excellence in Biology – Mark Prunella-Miller
Joan Rowan Memorial Senior Award – Tierney Sullivan
Barbara Wheeler-Schneider Memorial Award – Nicole Henry
Senior Award for Excellence in C/J – Patrick Harney
John A. Murray Award for Leadership – Mohammad Husain Bawany
Award for Excellence in Sport Studies – Brandon Harrison
Deirdre McKiernan Hetzler Award for Women and Gender Studies – Odeta Kushi
Kate Gleason Award – Kaelen Austin
Award for Psychology-Commitment to Scholarly Activity – Tim Crumley and Kristen Growney
Award for Academic Engagement in the Department of Psychology - Jennifer VanArsdale and Samantha DeLosh
The Reverend John F. Murphy Award in Religious Studies – Mohammed Husain Bawany
Outstanding Undergraduate Educator Award: Childhood Level – Jennifer York
Outstanding Undergraduate Educator Award: Adolescence Level – Marissa Petta
Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Leadership Award – Kelsey Murphy
Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Community Service Award – Bridget Wegman
General Business Management Award – Kyle Tribotte
Senior Marketing Award – Amanda Cammarano and Bianca Calascibetta
Human Resources Management Award - Laura Lipari
Boris Rakover Award – Christopher Manzella
Clara H. Wagner Nursing Award – Sarah DiNapoli and Molly Oliver
Department of Nursing Highest Undergraduate GPA – Caley Manuel
Department of Nursing Leadership Award – Molly Oliver and Madeleine K. Deese
Department of Nursing Highest RN/BS GPA – Heather Hamza
Ruth Ann Constantino Senior Award – Eric Williams
Alumni Award – Chelsea Salitan
Trustees’ Ranking Scholar Award – Heather Hamza, Jessica Monroe, and Jacqueline Nielsen
Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award – Odeta Kushi
Jewels White, Dr. Deborah Uman, and Marissa Petta.
Dr. Ruben Gomez with Mark Prunella-Miller.
Patrick Hearney, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, and Nicole Henry.
Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner with the Nursing award winners Sarah DiNapoli, Madeleine Deese, Molly Oliver, and Caley Manuel.
Check out the Facebook album for more photos from the ceremony.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization