Sierra Featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education
The work of Dr. Wendi Sierra, Assistant Professor of English, has been featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education, highlighting a game that she had a hand in inventing.
The Chronicle was covering the Conference on College Composition and Communication, referred to as the Four C’s by attendees, which is the major conference for faculty in rhetoric and composition. Sierra was interviewed about the game, “C’s The Day,” which was specifically designed for the conference. It puts conference attendees through a series of challenges, or quests, that they choose and there are more than 80 quests in a booklet that players get stamped each time they complete one.
According to the article, the quests are designed to encourage conference-goers to network and step outside of their comfort zone. For example, one challenges players to practice their elevator speech, and another one tasks players with asking a good question during one of the conference panels.
“A lot of times, we go to professional conferences with a sense of obligation,” said Sierra in the article. “What ‘C’s The Day’ allows us to do is say, ‘This is serious, and you need to be professional, but you can have some fun, too.'”
Since 1949, the Conference on College Composition and Communication has been the world's largest professional organization for researching and teaching composition, from writing to new media.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins